Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12 : Scenes from the End Times

Once again, I must apologize for a hastily constructed blog entry.  However, it has been brought to my attention that today's date is full of awesome number orderliness.  It is a repetitive pattern that will never be repeated in our lifetimes!

This is especially true given that the Mayans said the world would end on December 21st.  Bummer.

Presumably, the end times will be interesting in a chaotic way until the Earth splits asunder and we are consumed by the inner fire.  Or something like that.  I've tried to imagine what December 21st might look like and have drawn from an ample inventory of photos taken in junk rest homes to share with you, the gentle reader.






So there you have it.  Apparently, only the strong will survive.  Mostly.

My Spousal Unit commented that perhaps this image collection had gone a bit too far.  To that I say we must face The End with as much mirth as we can muster!  I sincerely wish everyone of you a pleasant last week or so on this poor, doomed planet.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! At least we get a spiffy meteor shower this evening!

      Delete
  2. I was writing a brief post about December 21st earlier today, Dwayne. If The End Times feature LEGO figures, then my son is all set. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea just how violent these little people were until I visiting the Lego store in Chicago. They will be among the last to expire in the ocean of molten magma that will consume most of everything else. Except the cockroaches...and some iPads. Gorilla glass is tough!

      Delete
  3. I always say --- Which end? The starting end or the finished end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear Richard Polt weigh in on this one!

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness someone has posted these images for posterity. The remaining cockroaches will crouch in awe before them in the coming eons (once they figure out how to use the machines we have left behind!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the poor little things don't get too scared by these images from the hominid past. I wonder which tablet operating system is the most cockroach friendly?

      "I don't think they had roaches in mind when they designed the Google Nexus 7, Crunchy."

      Delete
  5. I think my favorite image is the one of the guy tying his shoe while everyone else marches on, starry-eyed, under the banner of The Truth.

    I'm with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad thing is that I didn't write down the name of this lovely book. Ah, well.

      Delete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.