Saturday, September 14, 2013

Typewriter Teasers: Reveal Coming Soon!

I've already posted a few teasers on my Google+ feed, but thought this might be of broader interest to the Typosphere. This machine is now almost ready for a proper photo session. It has been cleaned, lubed, adjusted and has a new ribbon in place and pads ready to install where the rotted, rubber feet once were.

It is a genuine rarity. How rare is it? Richard Polt doesn't own one. Until the reveal, here are a few teasers to whet your appetite.

This is a portable with a carriage that comes off in less than a minute. This a dead giveaway for the brand.

Every surface that matters is machined and the chrome is thick and beautiful. Very well made.
And now for the truly puzzling evidence: the serial numbers on various part of the machine don't match. Hmmm....  By the way, it is much cleaner than when these photos were taken. It was well loved and loaded with eraser shavings.






This is one of those situations where it paid off to be an insomniac. I checked Etsy as I was finally winding down late on Labor Day and hit the random jackpot.

Let the frenzied guessing begin! The answer, however, will not be revealed until the reveal. I'm cruel that way.

7 comments:

  1. Correction: its predecessor, the Stoewer portable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't a clue so I will anxiously await the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a Rheinmetall. Did you get the ergonomic keyboard model????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your guesses so far! You are correct that it is a Rheinmetall machine. Scott Kernaghan successfully identified the manufacturer on Google+ as well.

    Keep the guesses coming, for I will not reveal the identity until tomorrow evening. It isn't often that I have a major reveal, so I will savor the moment. We had a very nice photo session. You will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting indeed. Looking forward to seeing the revelation!

    ReplyDelete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.