Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"R" is for ROBOT Type


The sun was coming into the kitchen just so on Saturday morning.  So I put off the ritual grinding of the beans (much to the chagrin of my wife) long enough to grab the camera and bits to have some fun.  So hard to pass on good light...


The large type came with a random baggie full of mismatched goodness from an antique mall.  My wife was surprised there were enough letters there to make whole words.  Try and ignore the dust bunny residue for the moment.  The robot is a miniature reproduction of the Radar Robot.  The actual Radar Robot deserves his own post at some point in the future.


Radar Robot hadn't had his daily oil fix and was a little grumpy...



The gingercat is not going to be happy about what happened to her nanobugs.


As horrible as this robot rampage seems, there have been far worse in the course of American history:


For you youngsters: that is "Tricky" Dick Nixon in the background.  I remember the summer of Watergate all to well since it preempted cartoons and Godzilla movie reruns.  Oh, notice the lack of type dust bunnies?

3 comments:

  1. Bad killer robot! No cookies!
    I like these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radar robot is the coolest. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little tableau. A swath of destruction in the robot's wake!

    We never really grow up, do we? At least, I hope we don't.

    ReplyDelete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.