Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Sleepy Bear Tail

OK, you may have trouble believing this story.  While we were comfortably sleeping in a National Forest Service campground, our next door neighbor was having a late night encounter with a warm and fuzzy friend.  Read on if you dare.

This image is yet another gift from "The Kingdom of Nature".  I was disappointed that "The Happy Zoo Book" contained lions and tigers, but  no bears.  What kind of kids book is that, anyway?






Here is one of the family campsites.  We are perhaps fortunate that our tents were not shaped like sleeping bears.
There are few better places to typecast from than this.  The bear story just made a great vacation better!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I am not sure if I'd want to be in that situation - probably not. On the other hand, there's currently 1 (one) bear known to live in the wild here in Switzerland, he's called M13 and spends his time in Engadine and Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stranger things have happened. I'm just glad that's never happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story. I would have to believe the guy, given the circumstances.
    What typewriter is that you have there? All I can see is "Made in England", and most of those slim line typers looks alike. Great looking machine, I tell you what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florian: America is a huge country and thank goodness we still have large chunks of wild lands and wilderness. Most of the bears in the Rocky Mountains are foragers. They will rip into a tent if they are really hungry, but that is an exception rather than the rule and they couldn't care less about the people in the tent. Still, we make sure to keep food handling and rinse water well away from the tent when we camp. There are also places that the food should be kept in the car or hung up in a tree or bear box when backpacking.

    BusterBullet: Yep. Strange is the word. We are also glad we did not get any visitors in our campsite.

    Ken: The typewriter is a clone of the Hermes Baby. There is a tag link at the bottom of the entry that will take you to related posts. In all honesty, this typewriter doesn't really fit my typing style. It is nice and durable with the metal case. I'm going to keep my eyes open for just the right Corona Skyriter as an alternative. Fortunately, those are as common as dirt. I really want a Groma Kolibri, but dang they have gotten STUPID expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.