Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Zombies on the Streets of Kansas City

By the way, it appears they want your typewriters.  This is a street poetry producer protecting her prize.  (Ick.  What a word combination.  It is 1:00 AM and I should really give my brain a break.  Mmm... brains....)

Stage blood by the gallon.  What wholesome family fun!
Some people take their characters very seriously.  Point a camera at them and watch the fun!

This was part of a a 15 second head to toe spasm.  Impressive.  And scary.
"Did you say something?  It's hard to hear you over all this moaning!"
Clowns.  Why did it have to be clowns?

Favorite sighting of the evening:  this zombie is contemplating a happy couple inside a mobile photo booth.
A zombie walk through throngs of art lovers is towards the top of my list for fun street shooting.  I live for content rich scenes like this.  Claire came along and loved every minute of it.  We were going to dress up and join the fun, but after laying a new living room floor I was looking a little too much like a zombie to do a good job gimping along with the crowd.  Besides, inside the pack you only see the few participants surrounding you.  I love being on this side of the lens.

All photos were shot on a Canon 60D; some with a wide zoom and most with a 50mm f1.4 or 85mm 1.8.  I am out on travel.  This post is brought to you by the magic of Blogger scheduling.  Please leave a comment after the tone and I will moderate it on my return.

Beeeep!

10 comments:

  1. hilarious! Our zombie walk a couple years ago was kind of a bust. This one looks successful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crowd roughly doubled since the 2011 walk. Impressive.

      Delete
  2. I have to say I don't get the zombie craze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit being ambivalent about zombies until "Shawn of the Dead" came along. I also love the pulp movie genre.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm not sure that the deity of your choice had anything to do with this fake mayhem ;-)

      Delete
  4. When Typewriters Work
    Power Outage: ☑
    Zombie Apocalypse: ☑
    ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. Just add a bunch of fresh ribbons and paper to the Twinkies in the survival stockpile and you are good to go.

      Delete
  5. Dwayne I dare you to post a typewriting zombie pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I like the idea and will probably take you up on the dare, but it won't be until Halloween or the fall K.C. zombie walk. I actually have the perfect zombie outfit lined up complete with a 1970s plaid Neiman Marcus suit. Claire wants to do the zombie walk in the worst way.

      Delete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.